Your wedding entertainment shouldn’t be neglected. It’s possibly the one last chance you’ll have to gather all of your friends and family in one place to celebrate. With that in mind, we’ve taken the liberty of providing you with our list of favourite Disco songs for your special wedding day.
Disco was a musical and cultural phenomenon from the early 70s in the United States that spread like wild fire throughout the world and has remained a staple of every great wedding soundtrack. As wedding singers, we can’t deny it’s impact. Here is our list of top 50 Disco Wedding Songs for your listening pleasure.
THE TOP 50 DISCO SONGS FOR WEDDING PARTIES IN 2019
Our favourite Disco party songs to get any dance floor hopping.
1. “Ain’t No Stopping Us Now” by McFadden & Whitehead
The beat gets you every time. The perfect song to get party started!
2. “Bad Girls” by Donna Summer
If Disco has a queen, her Royal Highness is Donna Summer.
3. “Boogie Oogie Oogie” by Taste of Honey
Solid Gold Disco! An Aussie party favourite for post midnight groovin’.
4. “Brick House” by The Commodores
Motown built this house to get down… A disco song anyone can dance too!
5. “September” Kool and the Gang
This iconic 70s tune will get the dance floor moving!
Our 45 best disco songs for wedding parties include:
6. Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love by Barry White
7. Celebration by Kool & The Gang
8. Copacabana by Barry Manilow
9. Dance To The Music by Sly & The Family Stone
10. Dancing Queen by Abba
11. Disco Inferno by The Trammps
12. Don’t Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston
13. Funkytown by Lipps Inc.
14. Get Down On It by Kool & The Gang
15. Get Down Tonight by KC & The Sunshine Band
16. Good Times by Chic
17. Heart of Glass by Blondie
18. Hot Stuff by Donna Summer
19. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
20. Knock On Wood by Amii Stewart
21. Lady Marmalade by Patti LaBelle
22. Last Dance by Donna Summer
23. Le Freak by Chic
24. Let’s Dance by David Bowie
25. Love Hangover by Diana Ross
26. Love To Love You Baby by Diana Ross
27. Love Train by The O’Jays
28. Macho Man by Village People
29. Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry
30. Rapture by Blondie
31. Right Back Where We Started by Maxine Nightingale
32. Ring My Bell by Anita Ward
33. Shake the Groove Thing by Peaches and Herbs
34. Shake Your Body by Michael Jackson
35. Shame by Evelyn King
36. Stayin’ Alive by Bee Gees
37. Super Freak by Rick James
38. Take a Chance on Me by Abba
39. That’s The Way I Like It by KC & The Sunshine Band
40. The Hustle by Van McCoy
41. Blame it on the Boogie The Jacksons
42. Upside Down by Diana Ross
43. We Are Family by Sister Sledge
44. White Lines by Grand Master Flash
45. YMCA by Village People
46. You Dropped A Bomb On Me by Gap Band
47. You Make Me Feel by Sylvester
48. You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate
49. You Should Be Dancing by Bee Gees
50. You’re The One For Me by D Train
We hope you found in this Disco Song List some of the songs to play at your wedding. For an even greater experience, enquire with our band to experience the difference live music can make to your event!
10 Bonus Disco Songs
We couldn’t keep our list to 50. Here are 10 more current Disco-inspired songs to get your wedding party grooving on the dance floor.
51. Disco Yes by Tom Misch with Poppy Ajudha
52. Your Girl by Harrison with Ralph
53. Just Friends by Chromeo with Amber Mark
54. High Horse by Kacey Musgraves
55. Mad as Hell by U.S. Girls
56. Feeling by Ryan Hemsworth with Marco McKinnis
57. Slide by Escort
58. Nobody by Mitski
59. TV in the Morning by DNCE
60. Arctic Boogie by Dave Allison
For more helpful suggestions on the music you might want to play at your wedding, contact Lily Road, Australia’s best wedding entertainment, for your wedding or event.
About Lily Road
Lily Road is one of the best wedding bands in Australia. As both a wedding band Melbourne and a Sydney wedding band we play the best wedding songs to give make your wedding soundtrack a memorable one. Check out our videos and live show pages! To book our wedding band, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org