Being engaged to your other half is one of the most marvellous things you will get to experience. After saying yes or getting an affirmative answer to the big question, you probably took to social media to flaunt that beautiful ring. As the photograph speaks for itself, we bet that your inbox holds a heap of congratulatory messages from your family and friends now! Read on to discover your absolute essential 2021 wedding planning checklist.
YOUR ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL 2021 WEDDING PLANNING CHECKLIST
The whirlwind of excitement, yours or from your loved ones, can be overwhelming, right? But in a good way. However, there will come a time where the post-proposal high will wear off, and your new reality will settle in. This is life’s way of signalling that it is time to start preparing for your special day!
Planning on tying the knot is an exciting experience as well. You will feel excited, considering that it is a new undertaking and you and your fiance are organizing something special. However, since your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event, you might feel some pressure to make everything perfect. Yes, wedding planning is not a piece of cake, but it can be enjoyable if done with the right people and through the right strategies. Having said that, we have made a 1-year wedding planning checklist to help you get started! Before you begin reading, keep in mind that this is just a guide. Every couple and wedding plan is different. Hence, take as much time as you need.
As Soon as You Get Engaged, get some inspiration, sit down with the love of your life, and discuss your ideal wedding. To start your wedding planning make sure you…
- Determine your wedding budget;
- Set your wedding date;
- Come up with a guest list;
- Decide on the members of your bridal party;
- Hire a wedding planner (if you need); and
- Research for a potential wedding venue and ceremony location.
12 Months Before Your Big Day, it is time to take concrete action. Hence,
- Finalize your wedding theme;
- Book your ceremony location and wedding venue;
- If necessary, book accommodation and transportation for your guests;
- Hire a caterer: ElizabethAndrews;
- Coordinate with trusted wedding vendors for your flowers, cake, invitations, and decor;
- Reserve a schedule with a hairstylist and makeup artist; and
- Book a wedding photographer and a videographer.
10 Months Before Your Wedding Day,
- Apply for and secure your marriage license;
- Book a wedding officiant;
- Reserve your honeymoon flight and accommodation;
- Send out your RSVPs!
8 Months Before Your Big Day
- Attend pre-marriage counselling (if required by your officiant or religious group);
- Buy or have your wedding dress and veil designed and purchase your wedding undergarments;
- Order the outfits for your wedding party as well;
- Plan your honeymoon; and
- Purchase wedding favours for guests.
6 Months Before Your Wedding Day
- Get your and your fiance’s wedding bands;
- Finalize your wedding day schedule and your readings
- Have a hair as well as a makeup trial with your hairstylist and makeup artist;
- If you are up for more top-quality wedding entertainment, secure a date with a wedding band or DJ;
- Hire a wedding photo booth service for additional fun and documentation; and
- Make things extra by having thank you cards made for your guests.
3 Months Before Your Big Day
- Finalize your wedding rehearsal party;
- Book a wedding rehearsal dinner venue;
- Purchase your wedding accessories;
- Secure gifts for your parents and bridal party; and
- Finalize your menu with your caterer.
2 Months Before Your Wedding Day
- Attend your final dress fitting;
- Allow final fittings for your wedding party;
- Finalize your wedding vows;
- Achieve a final wedding playlist with your wedding musicians;
- Make last-minute coordination with your officiant and wedding vendors; and
- Conduct your wedding rehearsal.
1 Month to Your Big Day
- Follow up on guests who have not confirmed;
- Finalize your guests’ headcount with your venue coordinator and caterer;
- Settle your ceremony and reception seating arrangements;
- Coordinate with your photographer and videographer for your must-have shots and sequences;
- Pack for your long-awaited honeymoon;
- Prepare your wedding day emergency kit; and
- Have a mani-pedi session and a massage as a treat to yourself!
Aside from a spa day, you can also have a professional boudoir photo shoot. To celebrate the amazing woman that you are. You will leave the studio with striking confidence, perfect for when you walk down the aisle. Not only do the photographs allow a perfect little gift for your soon-to-be spouse but being in front of the camera will be a good form of preparation for your wedding photographs.
After the wedding and a few years of married bliss it will be time to think about the next generation of your family. You will want to find a maternity photographer! When the pitter patter of tiny feet comes your way and you want to book a maternity photographer and newborn photographer, contact Chapter One photography.
ABOUT LILY ROAD
Lily Road has become one of the best wedding bands in Australia. As both a wedding band Melbourne and a wedding band Sydney we can provide all of the latest and classic songs for weddings to ensure that your wedding is amazing. Check out the videos page. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.