If you are like most soon to be newlyweds, choosing music for your wedding entertainer Sydney that sets the tone for your wedding is one of the most important things on your to do list. When picking songs to set the mood for your wedding dinner, there are a few things to consider. You’ll want to set a relaxed vibe that will allow your guests to relax and enjoy their meal, as well as their fellow guests and atmosphere. Here are a few tips for selecting music to accompany your wedding dinner as well as a list of the top 50 songs for weddings to set the mood.
TOP 50 DINNER SONGS FOR WEDDINGS
Consider your guests. You will most likely have a variety of ages and musical tastes at your wedding. While you can’t please everyone, take a few moments to think about what your parents, grandparents, wedding party, etc. would like to hear. As you work through the list, jot down a few ideas so you can begin making a list.
Mix up the tempo. If all of your musical selections are the same tempo, the music will become monotonous, and will fade into the background. The music should enhance the atmosphere of your wedding dinner, and a variety of tempos will achieve that.
What vibe do you want to achieve? Sit down with your partner, and pick a mood. Do you want to set a laid-back tone? Lively? Formal? Celebratory? Once you have picked a theme, you can start choosing songs to fit it.
Don’t be afraid to mix genres. Yes, you can pair country music with pop, or rock and jazz. As long as the vibe of each song is similar you are good!
Save the dance music for later. Once dinner is over, and the dance floor is opened up, that’s when you’ll want to play your favorite dance hits. Save the toe tappers for when your guests will be ready to get up and boogie.
Now that you have some tips in mind for planning your dinner playlist, here are some suggestions to get your creative juices flowing. Artists like Ray La Montagne offer a laid back vibe, but the unique vocals make these songs stand out:
1. Let it Be Me- Ray La Montague
2. Hold You in My Arms- Ray La Montague
These songs are a little more pop friendly, but not too “dance-y”.
3. Always Be My Baby– Mariah Carey
4. Home To Mama– Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson
5. How Long Will I Love You– Ellie Goulding
6. I Choose You– Sara Bareilles
7. Lucky– Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
8. Not a Bad Thing– Justin Timberlake
9. Thinking Out Loud– Ed Sheeran
10 and 11. XO, Your Body is a Wonderland– John Mayer
These songs will be familiar to your older guests, but will still be crowd pleasers for everyone.
12. God Only Knows– The Beach Boys
13 and 14. Into the Mystic and Crazy Love– Van Morrison
15. Let’s Stay Together– Obadiah Parker
16. My Cherie Amor– Stevie Wonder
17. Shelter From the Storm– Bob Dylan
18. Something in the Way She Moves– James Taylor
19. When a Man Loves a Woman– Percy Sledge
20. When I Fall in Love– Nat King Cole
21. The Way You Look Tonight– Tony Bennett
22. You Can’t Hurry Love- Phil Collins
23. Moon River– Louis Armstrong and His All Stars
24. A Sunday Kind of Love– Etta James
25. Can’t Help Falling in Love– Elvis Presley
These songs add a romantic tone to your play list.
26. Arms of a Woman– Amos Lee
27. Crazy In Love– Sofia Karlberg
28. Cross That Line– Joshua Radin
29. Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop– Landon Pigg
30. I Belong to You– Brandi Carlile
31. Is This Love– Corinne Bailey Rae
32. Photograph– Ed Sheeran
These songs by lesser known and indie artists will add a unique vibe to your play list while adding a variety of tempos.
33. Crazy Love– Ben Harper
34. Dead Sea– The Lumineers
35. First Day of My Life– Bright Eyes
36. Higher Love– James Vincent McMorrow
37. Ho Hey– Lennon & Maisy
38. How Deep is Your Love– the bird and the bee
39. I Believe in a Thing Called Love– Branches
40. I Will Follow You Into the Dark– Jasmine Thompson
41. Like Real People Do– Hozier
42. Marry You– Donald Glover
43. Naked as We Came- Iron & Wine
44. Skinny Love– Bon Iver
45. You’re My Best Friend– The Once
And finally, these instrumental songs will add dimension to your play list.
46. I Will Wait– 2cellos
47. Secrets– Dallas String Quartet
48. Joy– George Winston
49. Here Comes The Sun– Instrumental Songs Music (album)
50. Without You– Josh Vietti
The most important thing to remember when planning your wedding playlist is to have fun. The music you choose will enhance the day, and reflect the personalities of you and your partner.
Lily Road is one of Australia’s best wedding bands with the best wedding singers Melbourne. Hear some of these top 50 dinner songs for weddings performed live by your chosen wedding band Sydney or wedding band Melbourne . Check out their videos page! For more information please contact email@example.com