Rock music isn’t the first category of music that you think of when you’re planning a wedding. People tend to think of a slow ballad for their big day, but rock songs are great at parties… And your wedding reception should be the biggest party of your life! Rock songs are sometimes sexy and sometimes romantic, and sometimes downright cheesy and filled with hand banging goodness! Rock songs span many sub-genres and you’re sure to find one to fit the mood or the occasion. With that in mind, here is our specially curated list of the top 50 rock songs for your wedding day. Enjoy! Rock on!
OUR 2019 TOP 50 ROCK SONGS FOR WEDDINGS
Our favourite Disco party songs to get any dance floor hopping.
1. “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
A crazy, amazing song that will leave you crying when sung live just the right way… The Lily Road way!
2. “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
It’s never too loud! (If you think it is… You’re too old!)
3. “White Wedding” by Billy Idol
No Aussie Wedding would be complete without Billy!
4. “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Queen
You knew Queen had to be part of this wedding song list and this song aptly suits the occasion.
5. “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
The perfect slow dance number to round out our top 5.
And here’s the remainder of our top 50 rock songs for weddings. Enjoy!
6. Don’t Stop Believing by Journey
7. Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
8. Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
9. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
10. Faithfully by Journey
11. First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
12. Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
13. Love Shack by B-52’s
14. Marry Me by Train
15. Have I Told You Lately by Van Morrison
16. Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon
17. Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners
18. Twist and Shout by The Beatles
19. Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
20. Summer of 69′ by Bryan Adams
21. Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
22. Beautiful Day by U2
23. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
24. Are You Gonna be My Girl by Jet
25. Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO
26. I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
27. Crash into Me by Dave Matthews Band
28. Jessie’s Girl by Rick Springfield
29. Keep on Loving You by REO Speedwagon
30. Ho Hey by The Lumineers
31. Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer
32. Angel Eyes by Jeff Healey Band
33. Babe by Styx
34. All I Wanna Do by Sheryl Crow
35. Dream Weaver by Gary Wright
36. Daughters by John Mayer
37. Feel Like Makin Love by Bad Company
38. Hey Soul Sister by Train
39. Hotel California by The Eagles
40. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction by Rolling Stones
41. I’ll Stand by You by The Pretenders
42. Imagine by John Lennon
43. Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls
44. It’s the End of the World as We Know It by R.E.M.
45. Legs by ZZ Top
46. Lovefool by The Cardigans
47. Love, Reign Over Me by Pearl Jam
48. Low Rider by War
49. May This be Love by Jimi Hendrix
50. Mickey by Toni Basil
As evidenced by this eclectic list, rock covers a wide range of music. There’s a lot to choose from, but we can guarantee that each song on this list will have your wedding guests hopping, jumping and having a blast at your wedding.
If you’re having trouble choosing a playlist for your wedding, start by thinking about the kind of mood you’d like to set. Do you want it be fun and silly or serious and romantic? You can mix it up by having the ceremony music more romantic and the reception more playful and fun. Music can have a big effect on the feeling of a room. More than decorations or the colours you choose, music will set the tone for your wedding. Thinking about the kind of tone you want to set will help you narrow down the types of songs to use. And if all else fails… Choose rock!
About Lily Road
Lily Road is the best wedding rock band in Australia. As both a Melbourne wedding band and a Sydney wedding band we play the most iconic, earth shattering rock wedding songs. Check out our videos and live show pages! To book our wedding band, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org